Placer Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery – Roseville CA
The office of Placer Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is located in Roseville, California. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons are the only dental specialists who are surgically trained in an accredited hospital for four or more years after dental school. This training is alongside medical residents and includes rotations and exposure to several medical specialty areas (internal medicine, general surgery, anesthesia, otolaryngology, plastic surgery and emergency medicine). The Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon’s training focuses on the hard (i.e. bone) and soft (i.e. skin, muscle) tissue of the face, mouth, and jaws. Their knowledge and surgical expertise uniquely qualify them to diagnose and treat functional and esthetic conditions in this anatomical area. The scope of Oral and Maxillofacial surgeries treated by Dr. Rotas of Placer Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery includes:
- Dental Implant Surgery
- Wisdom Tooth Removal
- Removal of impacted teeth and non-restorable teeth
- Exposure of impacted teeth to aid orthodontic eruption
- Dental implant surgery
- Bone graft surgery for dental implants
- Biopsies of lesions in the oral cavity
- Treatment of cysts, tumors and masses of oral cavity, jaws and surrounding structures
- Treatment of facial fractures and facial trauma
- Post trauma grafting and reconstruction of the jaws and jawbones
- Evaluation and treatment of TMJ disorders
- Treatment of infections of the teeth and oral tissues and other oral medical conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of Bisphosphonate Necrosis (BRONJ) of the jaws
- Corrective Jaw Surgery of upper and lower jaws.
For detailed information about the oral and maxillofacial surgery we offer, please see our Procedures section .
Dental Implant Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of dental implants, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to dental implants are discussed.
Wisdom Teeth Presentation
To provide you with a better understanding of wisdom teeth, we have provided the following multimedia presentation. Many common questions pertaining to wisdom teeth are discussed.
Dental Implants – Roseville CA
Dental implants are a revolutionary way to replace missing teeth with artificial teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to enjoy their favorite foods as well as the ability to talk, smile and laugh with confidence. Implant Dentistry is changing the way people live!
Wisdom Teeth – Roseville CA
Wisdom teeth are the last teeth to erupt within the mouth. When they align properly and gum tissue is healthy, wisdom teeth do not have to be removed. Unfortunately, this does not generally happen. The extraction of wisdom teeth is necessary when they are prevented from properly erupting within the mouth.